The worst year we’ve had yet with regard to weather. It was so windy that by mid-afternoon half of the fireworks barrier had been blown down and there was no way to reset it. The truck carrying the fireworks could not get across the Bay Bridge. A number of fireworks displays were cancelled throughout the area.
- Badge sales were down $20,000 from 2007. The price was raised from $15 to $20 each; children 12 and under were still free.
- The economy tanked.
- We tried the King Street Mile again absorbing more of the expenses.
- Artist fees increased reflecting more venues and performers wanting more money
- We reduced buses slightly by using the trolley.
- We had no venues in Del Ray and saved money on buses; the performer fees were diverted to Old Town venues.
We will see our second negative year end. However, this time we dipped into reserves.