This was the first really down year for First Night Alexandria since 2000.
- The City’s contribution was down
- The weather was bad; drizzle and rain all day which directly affected 12/31 badge sales.
- DASH nearly doubled its fees unexpectedly
- Contract support and the management fee were increased slightly
- Printing costs nearly doubled due to increased prices. By using multiple printers to spread the business we lost economies of scale.
- All this contributed to the first time since 2000 that we ended the year with a negative balance. However, we didn’t dip into savings (management deferred payment several times in 2007 rather than go into reserves)
- Getting volunteers to work in Del Ray was a struggle