Each applicant must:
- Be 13 – 19 years old and currently enrolled in middle or high school
- Be an amateur artist (you have not been paid to perform)
- Submit one video of your performance to https://www.firstnightalexandria.org/gottalent/
Choose your performance genre:
- Music (vocal, instrumental, rap)
- Movement (dance, step)
- Expressive ( spoken word, poetry)
- Enter your Performance Submission request
- Entry deadline is Saturday, December 7 11:59pm EST
- Once your video has been accepted, it will be posted on https://www.firstnightalexandria.org/gottalent/
- Voting will be open from December 9 through December 27
- Encourage your friends and family to vote for you (one vote per day)
- All accepted contestants will perform the piece that they submitted online on Tuesday, December 31, 2019 at the Got Talent Event during First Night Alexandria
- The Showcase begins at 7:30 pm at the Durant Arts Center 1605 Cameron St.
- Each audience member will be given the opportunity to vote for their favorite performers
- The event will culminate with the awarding of The People’s Choice Award(s) (cash prizes) based upon a combination of online votes and audience voting at the event
Judging criteria will include:
- Crowd reaction
- Stage presence
- Talent and ability
Each member of the performing groups or individual will receive one admission to the Got Talent Showcase for him or herself. Additionally, each performer can receive complimentary admission for up to two guardians.
Admission to the Got Talent Showcase is $10 (it is included with your All Access Badge) – online purchase or cash at the door. This event will sell out. Encourage your supporters to get their tickets early! www.firstnightalexandria.org/buytickets Proceeds from this event support a donation to the Alexandria City Public Schools’ Middle and High School Music Programs.
BEST OF LUCK!